It's an incredibly exciting time to join Bath Rugby Foundation. Please see our current vacancies below. Don't see your perfect role posted here? No problem. Use the form to contact us and we will get in touch if an opportunity arises.
Bath Rugby Foundation is the charitable arm of Bath Rugby Club set up to empower young people in Bath and surrounding areas to succeed. We use the values of rugby to inspire young people to create a better future for themselves. Our focus is on improving Health, Education, Employability and Inclusion in the South West.
If you're interested in a career with us, please get in touch and we can alert you if any positions become available.
email us at
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Location: Bath - Salary c £30,000 DOE
Bath Rugby Foundation is the charitable arm of Bath Rugby Club set up to empower young people in Bath and surrounding areas to succeed. We use the values of rugby to inspire young people to create a better future for themselves. Our focus is on improving Health, Education, Employability and Inclusion in the West Country.
Our programmes are tailored to use sport to build confidence, and empower participants to live successful, happy and healthy lives. Our coaches are not just sports coaches, they are mentors. They give dedicated support to motivate, raise self-esteem, increase confidence and improve life skills. Each session combines physical activity with education sessions to change the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community.
We are the charitable arm of Bath Rugby Club, formed on November 22 2003 out of its desire to give back to the community. The Foundation is financially independent, self funding and separately governed, but we work closely together to create a legacy, and a lasting positive change in the community.
The charity is well established and we are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager who has the vision and experience to take the organisation’s digital, social media and PR presence to the next ambitious level. The Marketing and Communications Manager’s role is to lead and manage all promotional activity including managing the Foundation social media channels, maintaining and continually improving the Foundation website, executing effective multi-channel campaigns including PR, and acting as guardian of the Foundation brand.
Reporting to the CEO, you will provide the Foundation with passionate and creative thinking. We are particularly interested in seeing someone with experience of developing a new website.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the Marketing and Communications strategy and managing the Marketing budget
- Marketing all Foundation programmes to recruit participants, attract potential funders and celebrate success.
- Managing the Foundation’s digital estate, including website and all social media channels.
- Executing effective PR campaigns to local and national media.
- Managing external agencies to achieve the Foundation’s aims.
- Supporting the Fundraising team with promotion to boost the Foundation’s income.
- Acting as brand guardian and thinking about brand identity and strategy.
- Supporting the team to create Case Studies for use in promotional materials.
- Creating and coordinating the production of the annual review.
- Ensuring highly effective communication with the Foundation’s partners both internal, within Bath Rugby Club, and external.
- Keeping up to date with emerging policies, health, education, inclusion and employability initiatives which might impact on the Foundation’s communications.
We are looking for a candidate of degree level education who has strong personal presence, a creative mindset and is an excellent communicator at all levels. The successful candidate is a proven and astute marketeer with a track record of implementing successful marketing campaigns - preferably on digital projects.
An understanding of third sector organisations or sport would be beneficial. We would equally value a candidate with strong media connections in the local area.
You will demonstrate the ability to think strategically, deliver measurable outcomes and understand how to produce first class results on a limited budget.
Please apply by sending us your CV alongside a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 11th October 2017 but we reserve the right to close applications early if we receive a high volume of quality applicants. If you are not invited for interview by Monday October 16 you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.